Sunday, January 7, 2007

I'm Back

So, I haven't wrote anything here for awhile, because my computer is crap and didn't load the log in page. Now that I finally found a way around that here is a recap of what happened over the past two weeks.

Movies:

Rocky Balboa- Surprisingly this movie was quite good. Best Rocky movie I can remember since the original.

Children of Men- This movie is probably the best movie I've seen in a long time. There is one word to describe this movie "intense". The story, plot, and acting are all amazing. I highly recommend it.

Holidays:

Christmas- It was a very good Christmas. I got mostly spiritualized stuff that I had been eagerly looking forward to for months and some unexpected money to keep me a float through whats left of winter and spring.

Christmas Presents:
Spiritualized- Amazing Grace CD(His most recent work has few garage rock gems), The Complete Works Vol. 2 CD(Amazing instrumentals and mix of b-sides and old tracks), Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space(This CD is absolutely amazing and the first three tracks alone are worth the money), Spiritualized T-Shirt(Its so cool I wore it on New Years).

The Flaming Lips-Ego Tripping At the Gates Of Hell EP(The Postal Service Remix of "Do You Realize" is a little disappointing, but the two remixes of "Ego Tripping At The Of Hell" and the Christmas song are pretty nice).

Also got slippers, Adidas hoodie, and most importantly ANDIE'S CHOCOLATE MINTS. Next to spiritualized, the mints are the best thing on Earth.

Forgetting Montgomery Show:

After Christmas I decided to go to the show since Tuesdays are pretty lame. Like always its very awkward to be surrounded be emo high schoolers that all smoke. To top that it has be at Clearwater, where there is nowhere to sit, get away from the smoke, charge two fuckin dollars for water and they don't let you leave in between sets, so I had to sit through Panic At The Disco get played over and over and over again. Now, no offense to FM and the rest of the bands, but they are small local bands and you should be able leave and come back for local. I can see them not letting any in or outs for big shows, but come on LOCAL BANDS. Even though screamo really isn't my style, FM had a few songs that were pretty good and the rest of the bands I stayed for were EH.

New Years:

This was probably the best New Years party that I've been to. It was pretty much the same as last year, but I actually new most the people at the party this time. I was very proud that I actually managed my buzz this time and was drunk without throwing up the whole night. Even though half the people that showed up weren't invited, I was always able to find a room to chill in with people that I knew. I even for a while got on good terms with a kid that never really got along with. Until 6 am came around and the party was wrapping up. I found out about the Packers kicking the shit out the bears and went on a drunk rant afterwards. Which pissed off the kid and made him hate me again, since he was a bears fan. Even though I'm sad that the packers barely missed the playoffs, a win over the bears was like the cherry on top for great new years night.

This was followed by the most ugly mourning of the year. I don't know if this year was an improvement to last years puking like eight times. Instead I had the flu and a hang over. Not being able to breathe well and coughing with a hang over is a very bad mix. I some how was able to drive 40 min to home and crash the rest of the day.

Ugliness:

Having the flu for over a week(new years didn't help).
No Snow at alllllllll over break!!!!!!!!!(So much for snowboarding) :(
School is about to start and I'm not looking forward to this semester at all.

1 comment:

Oh, Sarah... said...

Hey Greg, you finally posted. Nice.

1. I really want to see both of those movies you mentioned... Like REALLY bad. I'm glad that you liked them.

2. I'm so happy you had a good Christmas. You really like Spiritualized! Haha. That's cool. They are a great band. And my gosh! Andie's Chocolate Mints are seriously the best thing EVER!!! Wow. Now I want some. :)

3. Clearwater doesn't let you leave inbetween shows? That's kind of lame. I'm sure there's a good reason for that though. :/ And how did Men Dream of Flying play? They were there too, right? Were they good? I'm not in to screamo bands so much either.

4. Your new years seemed to be quite interesting! Aside from the drinking part, haha. But whatever. I've never had a hang over, well I've never drank ever to have a hang over, but they don't sound too exciting. Haha. Anyways... I'm glad you have enjoyed your break thus far. Seems to have gone quite well!

5. OH MY! I know! We have had absolutely NO snow. This is seriously rediculous! And like I got a snow board this past winter so I could use it THIS winter... and well, yeah, that didn't work out so well. I'm honestly really pissed off. Ah!

Take care and ttyl,

Sarah