Friday, January 12, 2007

Atheist Anthem

"Jesus Christ,
When your back's against the wall
It's sure hard to be grateful
When you've nothing here at all
You say that Hell's below us, Lord
Heaven can be mineI don't believe your promises
I don't believe your lies

And, Lord, let it rain on me
Let it all come down
I'll sell my soul to let it roll
And I'm about ready now

Lord, let it rain on me
Now I know I'm goin' down
I've got a little knowledge, Lord
And I'm about ready now

Jesus Christ,
Look at what you've gone and done
2,000 years of lookin' down
The barrel of a gun
You got the fools believin'
That there's something else to gain
Jesus Christ,
When you comin' down again?

And, Lord, let it rain on me
Let it all come down
I'll sell my soul to let it roll
And I'm about ready now

Lord, let it rain on me
Now I know I'm goin' down
I've got a little knowledge, Lord
And I'm about ready now"


Now I'm not a complete Atheist. I do believe that there is a chance that god exists. Although, I don't believe he is a perfect being. Which makes it hard to find a current religion that agrees with my views. So, for now I'm going to lean towards the Atheists side.

Also the song is from Amazing Grace by Spiritualized. His most recent CD, that I thought of as a piece of crap at first listen. Like most other fans, I though it didn't have the overpowering emotional feel as his previous two Cd's. While his last Cd's took about a year to produce. Amazing Grace was done with in two weeks and was all recorded live. This gives the CD a different kind feel that you gradually learn to love. After about four listens, my view has completely changed and is now one of my favorite Cd's.

Side Note: It is official, I'm way more obsessed with Spiritualized, than you were with Stars. Hahahahahahahahaha

3 comments:

Oh, Sarah... said...

Psh.

I'm going to go and check your last.fm and see if you really are as obsessed with Spiritualized as I am/was with Stars!

Going now...

Okay. I'm back. Yeah...you're not. I can go as far as listening to 100+ Stars songs a week! You only had like 4 songs on your weekly top artists and 60ish in your top artists!!! Psh. I win. :D

-

Okay, so this whole religion thing. You really are siding with the atheist way, Greg? Are you sure? Well, you're not stupid, of course you're "sure". I don't know... if I'm happy with you saying that. Kind of makes me sad.

Ah!

I'm not going to talk to you about religion in a Blogger post. Maybe we'll AIM it up and talk about this via IM. Yeah.. That sounds like a better idea. I hope you agree.

Take care,

Sarah

flash5 said...

Haha, my last FM is like a joke. Its about 10% of my total music I listen to. My computer is a complete piece of crap, so my Windows Media player completely screwed up and I need a more advanced computer for Itunes. All my FM lists is from the random LastFM radio. It gives me random songs by random artists. Notice how my most recent played is all different artists. In order to get one spiritualized song I have to go through atleast 10 random songs. Its not a completely horrible, since using this mythod I discovered artists like M83 and The Album Leaf.

Today alone I listened to Amazing Grace 6 times. I listen to "ladies amd gentlemen we are floating in space" song atleast 4 times a day.

To finalize my arguement, do you own a Stars t-shirt?

-

Now, I'm scarred to have a religious converstation with you, because I know you will pown me. Due to the amount of research you have done and classes you have taken, but if you still want to have a conversation on the topic, just sent IM whenever you see me on.

Oh, Sarah... said...

Ohhhh, Greg.

No I do not have a Stars t-shirt. Personally, however, I do not believe that owning a piece of a band's clothing makes you a bigger fan. Psh, the band barely even makes any profit from your clothing purchase.

You will NOT win this.

-

And... do not be scared. This'll be interesting. I just want to see where you are coming from and all that good stuff. No worries.


Sarah