Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Future Looks Nice


Due to my t.v. being taken away. My day just consisted of listening to music and browsing the internet mostly about music. What I discovered is the future of music looks to be really good.
This year in music has been ok at best. With only few artist that I enjoy, who released records this year. Notable ones are Sparklehorse, Muse, Headlights, The Flaming Lips(not nearly their best work). As for tours I missed Muse, The Cloud Room, Sigur Ros and Matt Pond PA. But I am pretty happy with the number shows I was able to see. The only downside to the touring aspect is just the past couple months. When I was on break and I had plenty of time and money for shows. They all of sudden stopped and I ended up seeing a grand total of zero shows over break. Even my friends were wondering why there were no shows over break. Oh well, Now for the future.

The bands that are expected to release new albums consist of: Spiritualized, The Shins, Air, Matt Pond PA, Of Montreal, Wilco, Bright Eyes, and The Arcade Fire. All these bands are expected to tour to support their new albums. Plus Shout Out Louds, The Notwist, and Smashing Pumpkins are all working on a new album. Shows I definitely must see are Spiritualized, Sparklehorse, and Matt Pond PA. Over all I'm happy with the coming years possibilities.

To top this all off Halo 3 is coming out. I just got to get my 360 fixed, which is a problem that I should take care of very soon.






2 comments:

Oh, Sarah... said...

Hahah you're such a nerd. Nice picture, Greg. ;)

So... yeah I'm def stoked for Bright Eye's new stuff and abulm. SO EXCITED!

It's gonna be great.

Ah! and I would so DIE if I could see matt pond PA and Sigur Ros live. Oh wow... those shows would be so incredible.

Ttyl,

Sarah

Oh, Sarah... said...

I mean new show coming up* not "new stuff".

Eh.