Saturday, February 17, 2007

Falling

Its funny how when you take one really bad fall. You lose all your previous confidence you had built up.

Today I took a really bad backwards fall while trying to stop on a snowboard. After I fell, I couldn't go down the hill without constantly falling. It doesn't help the way I fell took away the only confident way I knew of stopping. I think I'm done snowboarding for the year, maybe forever.

This applies to other areas in my life as well. When I used play soccer I used to get hit in the face by the soccer ball all the time. Then I one day I got hit by a wet soccer ball and now I almost always duck when I see a object flying at my face.

I'm not even going to get into my love life. One big misstep and now I can't get out of despair.

Rocky Belboa once said, "Its not about hard you get hit. Its about how much you can take and get up and keep moving forward".(Well something like that.)

I'm with Jason Pierce's view, "They say that pride comes just before a fall. I have fallen and I wasn't sure, you know that I have fallen further before. I just cannot stand falling no more".(Spiritualized-Out of Sight)

Music: Elliott Smith-How to Take a Fall

No comments: